[NetBehaviour] Code Is Not Literature

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Sat Feb 1 03:52:57 CET 2014

On 31/01/14 12:12 AM, Alan Sondheim wrote:

> Short list!

I've just submitted a review where I commented positively on the
author's strong use of examples of art and prior criticism in making
their arguments, so I can see that this is a valid criticism of my
participation in this discussion.

I hold your work in the highest esteem and didn't intend to imply otherwise.

> seriously, there must be numbers of people we know nothing
> about, the world is huge, experimentation goes on everywhere; when I'm
> at ELO etc. it's pretty much the same names...

Tangentially, I've occasionally tripped over archives of e.g. South
American Internet art and I do feel that since the Internet is
international the history of art on it should be as well.

- Rob.