[NetBehaviour] Code as Software as Literature

James james at jwm-art.net
Fri Feb 7 07:41:18 CET 2014

would it be an open call by any chance? an open call for new post art

Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com> wrote:

I'd love to put out a call to eliminate "post-" and "new" from our
theoretical/whatever vocabulary - new aesthetics, post-digital come to
mind - but these words, sometimes with "modernism" buried in there -
appear over and over again and at least for me result in the
commodification of thought, as well as a kind of linearity based on
dichtomies such as new/old or post-X/X and so forth. Again, canons and
genres raise their ugly heads; I'd argue for an anarchic approach to just
about anything, but then there's be the "new anarchy" or "post-anarchic"
or whatever...

==
current text http://www.alansondheim.org/sj.txt
==