[NetBehaviour] Code Is Not Literature

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Jan 31 07:38:21 CET 2014

Interesting - I feel since I wasn't included in the list of successful
code-poets, I feel that my legitimacy is in disconnect, which it usually
is. The result is that I have less at stake here; I recognize the amazing
work of Paul and mez, but also felt myself (and some others) at 'that
level' such as it is as well. Which is why I've been arguing for a more
open acceptance of just about everything within and without code,
codework, almost any related domain, however defined. Or another ugly way
of putting it, I hate lists, however defined (again) - on a personal level
because someone or some group is always excluded, and since I'm more often
than not in that group, I see them, themselves, as hegemonic in function,
although not in intention.

- Alan