[NetBehaviour] New Media Writing Prize

Katharine Norman katharine at novamara.com
Mon Nov 3 12:09:30 CET 2014

I’d agree with Edward that a focus on interactivity can be a ‘concern’ but would urge people to enter this really interesting competition.

I sense - and remember the organisers saying words to the effect -  that the ‘interactive’ requirement came from a desire to discourage a slew of ‘illustrated e-book/pdf’ type entries from people who didn’t understand the ‘field’ they were aiming at. They had a lot of those initially.

I was fortunate to win a couple of years ago with a quite interactive piece (www.novamara.com/window) - but not all of the great works in the finals required significant interaction, and several were in the categories Dave outlines. The judging panel looks really good this year - go for it!

Katharine