[NetBehaviour] Call for Nominations: 2015 SIGGRAPH Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement in Digital Art
marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Nov 14 15:27:18 CET 2014
Call for Nominations: 2015 SIGGRAPH Distinguished Artist Award for
Lifetime Achievement in Digital Art
The deadline of December 15 2014 is rapidly approaching. Time to submit
your nominations for the award through the ACM SIGGRAPH website! Do not
assume that someone else is nominating your choice for the award - take
Visit the URL listed below and click on Artist Award Chair. Please
include as much information about your nominee as possible, including
Nominations not submitted through the SIGGRAPH website will not be
considered. Thank you.
The Distinguished Artist Award is awarded annually to an artist who has
created a substantial and important body of work that significantly
advances aesthetic content in the field of digital art.
not all qualities are required
Nominations are due by December 15, 2014 and should include:
• Name(s) of the individual(s) being nominated (address and/or phone
number and/or email address are also appreciated).
• References to websites with the artist's works and texts when
applicable (multiple references are welcome).
• Nominator's name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email
A statement by the nominator describing the significance of the artist's
contributions according to the following criteria (not all criteria are
1. The Artist has been contributing internationally to the digital arts
for more than Twenty (20) years.
2. The Artist has produced important work(s) that is(are) referenced in
digital art history/theory papers/books.
3. The Artist has established an unexplored area in the field of digital
4. The Artist has been advancing the use of digital technologies in
5. The Artist has contributed to the history and/or theory and/or
practice of digital art through writing and presentations at conferences
Chair, Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement in Digital Art
University of Brighton
Director, ISEA International HQ
More information about the NetBehaviour