[NetBehaviour] a graduate art history class examines city college's art collection

michael szpakowski michael at dvblog.org
Sun Nov 16 00:11:20 CET 2014

  I don't know. I love (critically) Benjamin's writings ( and perhaps even more, *how* he writes -it's very much the way he tells them) but whether any of them apply to me I don't know - except it occurs to me that quotation and reference are really important to me & I've always been fascinated by his notion of "jigsawed" writing, composed entirely of quotes, which seems a lot more relevant idea today  than the too often trotted out 'art in the era of mechanical reproduction' ...cheersmichael