[NetBehaviour] Play Your Place - Play the Web We Want

Ruth Catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Wed Nov 26 17:34:30 CET 2014

Hi All,

It would be great if any of you would like to join us (at any time) for
this event this weekend.

: )
Ruth

A free 2 day public game-jam event at Southbank Centre. Create online
computer platform games for the extraordinary evolution of our
species... or for total catastrophe... it's our choice.

29-30 November, 11-6pm, Level 2 Foyer at Southbank Centre, London.

Play the Web We Want is a Furtherfield project, based on the open game
artwork by Ruth Catlow and Dr Mary Flanagan.

www.playyourplace.co.uk/www

This launches a year of game-building online and at Furtherfield
Commons, the community labspace in Finsbury Park, London N4.

Follow
@PlayYourPlace & @furtherfield #webwewantfest

Join us to draw, make and play games for the Web We Want: to defend
freedom of access and a life free from surveillance and data
exploitation; to distribute knowledge and resources for the benefit of
millions of people and their enduring communities.

As part of the Tim Berners Lee campaign for a Magna Carta for the web,
we invite you to join us in a public drawing and game building event to
work out what is most important for us all in the future of the web.

We will devise tactics and tools. Our drawings – avatars, background
settings, obstacles, rewards – will form the building blocks of computer
platform games of the Web We Want. Afterwards anyone can join in online
from their homes, workplaces, universities and clubs to remix,
redistribute and play games, or to build their own from scratch.

www.playyourplace.co.uk/www

In 2015 Furtherfield will continue to develop games with others, hosting
game-building workshops, gatherings and public events to build games for
the future of the distributed web at Furtherfield Commons, the community
labspace in Finsbury Park, London N4.

For more information about the project
http://furtherfield.org/programmes/event/play-your-place-play-web-we-want