[NetBehaviour] paintings for children and adults

michael szpakowski michael at dvblog.org
Sun Oct 26 17:36:48 CET 2014

Hi
For
 the last couple of months I've been making a series of oil paintings,
all 14X18" or 18X14", called 'paintings for children and adults'
Each features a text which both accompanies and is part of the image.
 have tried to make each piece immediately approachable (but not
necessarily encompassable; although which of us can completely encompass
 the work of any other?) by say, a 7 year old child, which imposed a
straightforwardness of tone and content upon me which I embrace and
welcome. They are not recollections of childhood but my very much
younger self is somehow present at their making.Making them feels different to anything  I've made before.
There are currently 20 although I'm aiming to (well, I feel that I need to) continue the series for some time yet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/szpako/sets/72157647327212402/

I'd be delighted if you took a look - any comments, either on Flickr, this list or direct to me would be most welcome.

warmest wishes

michael