[NetBehaviour] Cross-Reality and the winds

Suzon Fuks suzon at water-wheel.net
Tue Sep 2 03:17:45 CEST 2014

Hi Roger!
Last year I was involved with James Cunningham and Ian Winters in a R&D
using mobile devices to integrate remote physical movement and sound into
the online structure of Waterwheel's Tap, allowing participation away from
keyboard and mouse based computers.
We asked participants in Australia, Indonesia, Europe and the U.S.A. to
explore their local waterways or bodies of water.
Taking a cue from research using sensors in dance, we are using mobile
devices carried by, or attached to, these participants in order to
transmit location and motion sensor data, plus live audio, for use as
experimental content, feedback and control sources for elements of the
Waterwheel Tap while outdoors.
Here is an article presented at ISEA13 http://hdl.handle.net/2123/9632

Cheers,

Suzon
WATERWHEEL, Make & Share about Water http://water-wheel.net
skype: suzonfuks | http://suzonfuks.net | http://www.igneous.org.au
mob: +61-439 929 028 | Tel:+61-7-3255 8355 | 3/27 Waverley St - Annerley
QLD  4103 - Australia
it takes 3 litres of water to make 1 sheet of A4 paper & 12,000 litres to
make 500 grams of chocolate!