[NetBehaviour] [spectre] post-doc grant programme (blocked postings)

isabel brison ijayessbe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 01:57:17 CEST 2014

Hi Joel,

It's interesting you give Duchamp as an example, as I think with him the
story could easily be put the other way round: the recognition he achieved
and the ability to ingeniously support himself through his art - using the
Large Glass for rent or paying his dentist with a hand painted cheque -
allowed him to experiment, fool around at his leisure, and eventually come
up with a body of work that is impossible to ingore in the extent of its
influence over subsequent art practice, whether you love it or hate it.

On the other hand, I expect there will always be artists, as there will
always be businesspeople everywhere, trying to give the market what it
wants in order to make a profit, but that's really up to them - and I don't
think starving them would make them better artists; they'd probably just
give up and get a better paying job elsewhere :-)

http://isabelbrison.com

http://tellthemachines.com