[NetBehaviour] [spectre] post-doc grant programme (blocked postings)

Joel Weishaus joelweishaus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 02:22:10 CEST 2014

Hi Isabel;

But isn't it sad, in view of the sacrifices past artists were willing to
make, at least when they were young, as with Picasso, and many more. Or
to risk remaining poor all their life, as with Van Gogh, and many more.
I guess I'm still a romantic, having lived through the 60s. But perhaps
artists still need to make some sacrifices to save art from the snarling
beasts of capitalism. After all, artists are given the divine madness of
creativity. I don't expect anyone to live the way I did. But it was a
grand time of friendships and bodhisattvas who appeared from nowhere to
lend a helping hand. No applications needed!

-Joel