[NetBehaviour] ISIS prehistory

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Sep 16 00:20:44 CEST 2014

This isn't about forgetting atrocities and I feel a bit miffed that you're
suggesting I've forgotten. This is about a particular mode of warfare that
goes back 4000 years and is followed almost to the letter by ISIS today.

I'd suggest "war criminal" is a problematic term here unless the ancient
middle east was full of "war criminals." Terms like these, suggesting
we've forgotten our own atrocities, etc., all serve to mask what is I
think a fundamental human condition that we haven't been able to rise
above.

If you want me to be silent, I will. But if you are saying "we" are
forgetting our own atrocities - you may speak for yourself, but not for
me.

- Alan

==
current text http://www.alansondheim.org/su.txt