[NetBehaviour] IS it pre-history

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Sep 16 17:25:24 CEST 2014

My soul does feel eaten, I'm serious about this. I have nightmares, heart
palpitations (going in for a monitor today), etc. But I can't ignore it (I
can keep my ruminations from the lists on the subject - certainly the
response by the nettime monitor was incredibly condescending and doesn't
do me or him or the issue any good)...

I'd love to see a show just called something like Responses to Violence
and see what emerges -

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, rinus van alebeek wrote:

> Dear Alan and all,
>
> Long time ago Karl Popper wrote:
> "For the history of power politics is nothing but the history of
> international crime and mass murder (including it is true, some of the
> attempts to suppress them). This history is taught in schools, and some of
> the greatest criminals are extolled as heroes."
>
> So what to do if you want to establish your own order? One starts "cleaning"
> the place up. It is the way history tells. Leave it to the ghost writer.
>
> How to deal with this through art and other forms of expression?
> I really don't have a clue. It is like pondering on how to stop the waves of
> the sea rolling onto the shore.
>
> To kill, rape, torture must give some energy, a kind of high that is
> addictive and probably creates a psychological space where-in one feels
> him/herself master of all events in and outside oneself.
> Destroy that space is the one thing I can think of, while working on your
> art.
> But can we? And isn't such practice in the end self-destructive, because it
> will eat your soul?
>
> Meanwhile...
>
> Greetings from the sunny coast of Calabria,
>
> Rinus
>

> --
> web
> radio