[NetBehaviour] ISIS prehistory

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 21:36:20 CEST 2014

And the beheading are frightening, they come to close to you. In the
opposite the clusters of civilians killled by the US drones in Pakistan
don't seem real at all.
The media is the message, Luhan dixit :)
Ana

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Joel Weishaus <joelweishaus at gmail.com>
wrote:

> At bottom, ISIS comes from a feeling of powerlessness, even by those who*
> look* powerful.
> It's just the newest catchy acronym. When the media gets tired of one,
> another will pop-up.
> One is more violent than the last, just as one film is more violent than
> the one before.
> We're dealing with the same sickness that makes billionaires not being
> able to stop wanting more.
> The same unfathomable emptiness inside.
>
> -Joel.
>

> On 9/16/2014 9:42 AM, James Morris wrote:
>
> On Mon, 2014-09-15 at 19:28 -0400, Alan Sondheim wrote:
>
>  Thanks and no problem; I'm really sensitive about this.
>
> Where I might disagree, I think ISIS is the child of ISIS; I think blaming
> colonialism for everything might be another form of colonization - that
> is, these people are driven by force of the Other, not their own destiny,
> their own choice - while we're given the 'luxury' of choice and destiny.
> ISIS is cruel on their own terms, and those terms go all the way back
> before the Crusades. I think as well that this is also unfortunately the
> 'human condition' - in other words there's a genetic component towards
> exclusionary behavior, territorialization, demonization of the other, etc.
> Chimps also have warfare; even sea anenomes do. So for me the question is
> how do we avoid these horrors - which has to go beyond geopolitics;
> geopolitics will always be with us, moreso as species head towards
> extinction and the planet approaches its carrying-capacity of life.
>

>  And we need to defend ourselves against hostile extra terrestrial
> forces, because we won't know for sure whether such forces exist or not
> until they either attack us or we're technologically advanced enough to
> actually rule out the idea of attack from hostile extra terrestrial
> forces.
>
> James.

http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci