[NetBehaviour] Event - Corporate Curation: Localhost Talks Series in Edinburgh, Scotland

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Sep 17 14:42:32 CEST 2014

Hi Dave,

Perhaps add a link to the page of Marco's recent article on the very
same subject.

Google New Breed: the commodification of digital art and its young minds
http://www.furtherfield.org/features/articles/google-new-breed-commodification-digital-art-and-its-young-minds

Wishing you well.

marc
> !apologies for cross-posting!
>
> Corporate Curation
> http://freemachines.info/events/corporatecuration
> 25th September, 6.00-7.30pm at the Forest Centre Plus, 38 Castle
> Terrace, EH3 9JD, Edinburgh.
>
> As the art world adjusts after the economic crisis and a series of
> funding cuts to the state arts budget, assistance from big business is
> increasingly sought to subsidise cultural production. At a time when
> many 'emerging artists' are not receiving fair pay for their labour,
> shouldn't we welcome more investment in the arts, whether the source
> is public or private? And should we expect big business sponsorship to
> alter the autonomy of the artist any more or less than the state would?
>
> Looking at Google's recent 'Dev Art' exhibition at the Barbican Centre
> in London through the frame of a wider historical view on systems of
> arts patronage, Corporate Curation will contextualise the current
> neoliberal frameworks of cultural entrepeneurialism and the role big
> business should play in the arts.
>
> With talks by Jake Watts and Dave Young, followed by an open forum for
> collective debate.

--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield