[NetBehaviour] Definitions: terms and concepts for my Phd

Patrick Lichty pl at voyd.com
Fri Sep 19 16:11:37 CEST 2014

To start with, Activism - Howard Zinn's work, The Interventionists Catalogue
(Mass MoCA), The Radical Reader, Nic Lampert's People's History of Activist
Art.  These also go into artivism, as well as Raley's Tactical Media, Julian
Stallabrass' great book that is sort fo the 90's preface for Raley, I would
offer some of my own essays, including Grasping @ Bits on the fight between
corporations and artists regarding speech and territory (It's in my Variant
Analyses book at the INC).
Cyberfeminism: Flanagan's Reload: Rethinking Women + Cyberculture, Stone,
How I learned to Love my Prosthesis, Haraway, The Cyborg Manifesto.
Digital: Negroponte's Being Digital
Dirty Media: Jon Cates' online book
Hacking - Oh, man.
 Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World?s Most Wanted Hacker
2600
The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security
Ken Wark A Hacker Manifesto
The Hacker Playbook: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
Thacker: The Exploit
Galloway: Protocol
Hacktivism: See hacking and Activist notes - both have examples.

Glitch
Kholeif's new anthology on Post-Internet has a couple good essays
Caleb Kelly - Cracked Media
http://glitchicago.paulhertz.net/essays.html
GLITCH_READERROR_20111-v3BWs.pdf

Media Art:
The Emergence of Video Processing Tools Volumes 1 & 2, Hocking & High

Post-Digital - Kholeif's Life After the Internet.

I'm running out of steam, more later,.

>> Definitions: terms and concepts.
>>
>> Analogue.
>> Activism.
>> Artivism.
>> Cyberfemnism.
>> Digital.
>> Dirty Media.
>> Hacking.
>> Hacktivism.
>> Glitch.
>> Media Art.
>> Neoliberal Paradigm.
>> Net.Art
>> Net Art.
>> Networked Art.
>> Open Source Art.
>> Performance Art.
>> Post-Digital.
>>
>> wishing you well.
>>
>> marc

--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood - proud of free
culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield - online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the intersections of
art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery - Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield