[NetBehaviour] Qins and Azure

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Sep 23 00:53:02 CEST 2014

Qins

http://www.alansondheim.org/qins5.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/qins.mp3
http://www.alansondheim.org/azqin1.mp3
http://www.alansondheim.org/azqin2.mp3

The two qins played together, stereo-separated. With open
strings, I play them simultaneously; with harmonics or stopped
strings I play one after another, one lending itself to another,
one giving itself over to another. Resonance between the
instruments is everywhere, everywhere. The harmony of the world
begins here. (No added effects.)

Qin with Azure Carter, voice and songs. The difficulty with qin
is playing without accompaniment, but playing coherently,
inhabiting the same space. We're performing two pieces with qin
live this Saturday; in the meantime, there's this. And my
playing - and the qin itself - might go horribly wrong!