[NetBehaviour] dismal news

Johannes Birringer Johannes.Birringer at brunel.ac.uk
Sat Aug 22 22:54:24 CEST 2015

hello

different news corridor where I am at the moment in Europe;

last week we were told UK government wants to close euro tunnel and
block any and all refugees from entering the UK.  Thousands are currently
in camps at Calais.

then we heard two days ago of the destiny of archaeologist Khaled Asaad.

Islamischer Staat Ein bestialischer Mord
Die Dschihadisten des IS haben in Palmyra den syrischen Archäologen Khaled Asaad ermordet. Der 82-Jährige hatte ein halbes Jahrhundert lang die Ruinenstadt erforscht.

 [  http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/ausland/islamischer-staat-ein-bestialischer-mord-13758844.html  ]

the refugee and migration dilemma are on everyone's mind, and I wonder what others here think?  have you heard the predictions for the great migration?
how do you think the administrations of countries and communities will respond?

regards
Johannes Birringer

++

From: dave miller <dave.miller.uk at gmail.com<mailto:dave.miller.uk at gmail.com>>
Date: Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 3:24 PM
To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity <netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org<mailto:netbehaviour at netbehaviour.org>>
Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] banksy dismaland

I've only read the guardian article but I like the idea. A ghastly theme park to suit the age of austerity and misery and Tory rule. I must try to go.
An entry to anarchism? I hope it is. I dont understand why damien hirst and his bunch are involved though.

On 22 Aug 2015 21:15, "Alan Sondheim" <sondheim at panix.com<mailto:sondheim at panix.com>> wrote:

it sounds terrific and perfect and J.G.Ballard - would love to see it. I imagine it's something like Rhode Island -

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015, James Morris wrote:

any thoughts?
good? a good thing? bad? bad in a good way? or just indifferent.

saw on ch4 news one of the artists had never been an artist before, this alongside such giants as everyone's favourite: damien hirst.

if damien's there, maybe tracy should be too, but i would like to offer another solutionm, tracy could come back to her home town and collect rubbish off the streets - discarded matresses, crt monitors, sofas - that people can't be bothered to take to the tip - and perhaps rejuvinate these items into works of art?

oh sorry. back to dismaland, i would be tempted to visit if it was less inconvenient, ie, it was just down the road so i didn't have to venture out of thanet. it's only open for 5 weeks.

there you are then, that's the sum total of my dismal thoughts toward dismaland.

==
current text http://www.alansondheim.org/ti.txt
==