[NetBehaviour] (a question from algorithms) Re: Aljazeera and Koons?

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Sun Aug 23 16:14:44 CEST 2015

Factories and algorithms and Jeff Koons probably evoke all sorts of images

I worked in factories for a number of years scraping a living. Some of
them were bug ridden in the sense they never ran smoothly, the machines
frequently broke down. Rain coming through the ceiling halted production
where it landed on machines. And sometimes pigeons, rats, insects
(bugs!) lived in the factory.

And I've coded alogrithms (non professionally) and worked to eliminate
bugs in those alogorithms.

I would say a factory is more operating system than algorithm or maybe
that is too far. Or more like a monolithic application that can do a
number of tasks (unlike a modular application that can one task well),
so it has a number of algorithms working together (supposedly!)

James.