[NetBehaviour] ONE SECOND LEAP FESTIVAL _ LOOK NOW

Bjørn Magnhildøen noemata at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 15:08:50 CEST 2015

Hi, the video documentation is an hour, the exact leap second is in
the middle, around 28:00, here's a link to the moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1677&v=s6H7bKx9H5c
It's not that the event was spectacular or meant to be, it was as much
an anti-event of a blank screen disrupted by flashes of one second
works, though partly with some electro-acoustic background sound that
somehow points to the underlying issues (that's how i thought about it
at least in execution).

It's an impossible, absurd situation, from the ground up. The 'now' of
the internet is buffered and negotiated through the network layers,
the leap second being a gap in the first place, secondly for the delay
inherent in any feed, so even this 'pure' moment had to be
re-created/simulated/faked, -- probably as any sense of  now and
presence is already mediated in consciousness - the idea of a pure
consciousness, in my mind (sic), is a simulation we self-suggest to it
- it's all a dream (though i believe there are layers also here, one
might 'wake up' to a certain degree, and this might be an 'explosive'
event, or a core dump, a default that outputs its erroneous structure)
-- so I recreated a one second video that contained all the works and
sounds, which in effect displays the opposite of any summation of
events, but rather an entropic substraction and equilibration (as the
paradox of the enlightened mind maybe - is it in peace or in action?
and what is then the present, the now? i think of this along the lines
of u.g. krishnamurti, a calamity, one might be better off forgetting
the whole thing, any consciousness of this kind will be a re-creation
leading you further away into entropy instead). For me, the event is
also about this impossible situation.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Bjørn

PS. I haven't thought much about the event as 'compression' though,
more the other way around, a crack that is expanding, a rupture that
bursts...