[NetBehaviour] The General Election

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Sat May 9 00:36:27 CEST 2015

Edward said: "If Labour had said 'We're going to look after the most
vulnerable members of society properly, and if that means putting taxes
up, we'll put taxes up' then probably they still wouldn't have won -
given the overwhelmingly right-wing slant of most press coverage, not to
mention Milliband's extreme lack of charisma as a leader - but at least
we would have had a genuine alternative to vote for. I voted Green."

an overwhelmingly right-wing slant of the media, and an overwhelmingly
unsympathetic population. some of the shit i hear coming out of peoples
mouths is utterly depressing - the self righteous [anti-racists amongst
others] swap one set of prejudices for another.

i voted green even though i expected if i told anyone i'd be informed it
was a wasted vote, or laughed at/sneered at/looked-down-a-nose-at, by
people in my life. some people say who you vote for isn't meant to be
talked about. sometimes think i should grow the balls to say i voted
green, but have played it safe so far.

a wasted vote is a tactical vote for one party you don't want to vote
for to prevent another party you don't want to vote for, imo.