[NetBehaviour] The General Election

if aha at aharonic.net
Sat May 9 17:51:39 CEST 2015

hi,

yes - we are still 1st past post, most votes are better as paper
planes, kind of electoral sequences.

the "greens".. i live in the constituency of the 1st, only and ever
more popular - locally it seems - green mp. (she cares not for art &
culture unless its entertaining..)

Being green here in the uk is, imho, a bit like an environmentally
romantique Tory of the 19th century. A strong sense of moral duty and
care for the perceived "natural" while looking for ideologically
inspired solution within paradigms of power and capital. Indeed, if
the local elections are any indication to varify/falsify that
green-tory lineage, i noticed that when greens came to rule in
brighton, they did it via wards that were previously tory held. Ex
Cons found it rather easy to switch into greens than Labour's voters..
Also, local green head honcho, while sporting a cool sounding name
"kitkat" - is, in my view, a blairite at heart. eg - spreading tall
tales about local refuse cleaners' wage demands..

...but am digressing...

I think point re voting and general elections, might be that in fact
they are just to do with card deck re-arrangements. Civic processes
from attempts to have a fearless yet melancholic life - is on going
regardless of any electoral outcome. No?

Cheers!

xxx

quitter.se/if