[NetBehaviour] Michel Foucault on refugees

Joumana Mourad joumana at ijaddancecompany.com
Thu Oct 1 12:02:47 CEST 2015

Hi Marc
Thanks so much or this, I am at moment working with refugees from the
IRAqui and Syrian countries, and the problem is immense on all levels, just
witnessing their personal history makes the questions of Culture and
Borders necessary...
I am looking at how social choreography can ask these questions....
Thanks again..

On 1 October 2015 at 10:20, marc garrett <marc.garrett2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michel Foucault on refugees – a previously untranslated interview from
> 1979
> Posted on September 29, 2015    by stuartelden
>
> http://progressivegeographies.com/2015/09/29/michel-foucault-on-refugees
> -a-previously-untranslated-interview-from-1979/
> <http://progressivegeographies.com/2015/09/29/michel-foucault-on-refugees-a-previously-untranslated-interview-from-1979/>
>
> ‘The refugee problem is a foreshadowing of the 21st century’s great
> migration’
>
> (“Nanmin mondai ha 21 seiku minzoku daiidô no zenchô da”, an
> interview by H.Uno, originally published on 17 August 1979, in Shûkan
> posuto, pp. 34-35) republished under the title “Le problème des
> réfugiés est un présage de la grande migration du XXIe siècle”
> in Michel Foucault, Dits et écrits, text 271, Volume 3. 1976-1979,
> Gallimard, 1994, pp. 798-800.
>
> (Partially republished by Libération on 18 September 2015 and
> by Libération.fr on 17 September 2015 under the title “Michel
> Foucault en 1979 : «Les hommes réprimés par la dictature choisiront
> d’échapper à l’enfer»” )
>
> Translated from Japanese into French by Ryôji Nakamura, 1994 ;
> translated from French into English by Felix de Montety, 2015. Thanks
> to Stuart Elden, Steve Legg and Mike Heffernan for comments and
> corrections.

Joumana Mourad
Artistic Director

07930 378639