[NetBehaviour] Not quite so dismal

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 00:25:18 CEST 2015

Britain is a great exception, sadly if we think Britain has colonized half
the world and it's wealth is based on Indian slavework :(

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/britain-takes-in-so-few-refugees-from-syria-they-would-fit-on-a-subway-train/2015/09/01/af427190-4b34-11e5-80c2-106ea7fb80d4_story.html

Ana

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 7:22 PM, Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com> wrote:

> Hi Ana and Edward,
>
> I think your idea is obviously praiseworthy but it's not going to happen;
> what's necessary is real political solutions. In the U.S. I'd love to put
> the bankers and politicians (for the most part) behind bars, I'd love to do
> a lot of things - but that's not the way humans work. It's really
> enlightening that people themselves are willing to take people in of course
> - that sounds wonderful. We don't have that generosity here...
>
> - Alan
>
> On Wed, 2 Sep 2015, Ana Vald?s wrote:
>

>> But that's Edward the most outrageous ppl in Austria and Germany marched
>> the
>> other day FOR the refugees and Turkey with 1.4 million Syrian refugees!!
>> said the other day they should maybe prepare themselves to the permanent
>> stay of the Syrians on their territory.
>> My point is ppl are willing to share what they have but politicians and
>> weapon dealers and bankers the ultimate makers of those crisis in the
>> Middle
>> East and in Europe use the refugees issue as a political tool in the most
>> ruthless way.
>> We must get rid of those politicians and bankers and do as Iceland did set
>> them behind bars and confiscate their ill gained profits.
>> Ana
>>
>> El sep 2, 2015 2:53 PM, "Edward" <edward at edwardpicot.com> escribi?:
>>
>>       I've just spent a few minutes looking at the Avaaz
>>       petition/volunteer page on the subject of the refugee crisis:
>>       https://secure.avaaz.org/en/uk_refugees_volunteer_thank_you_3/
>>       There are new comments arriving every few seconds. People are
>>       calling on the UK Government to change its stance and
>>       volunteering
>>       to help, in many cases volunteering to give house-space to
>>       refugees. I think the government have misjudged the public mood
>>       on
>>       this one.
>>
>>       - Edward
>>       --

> ==
> email archive http://sondheim.rupamsunyata.org/
> web http://www.alansondheim.org / cell 718-813-3285
> music: http://www.espdisk.com/alansondheim/
> current text http://www.alansondheim.org/ti.txt
> ==

https://anavaldes.wordpress.com/
www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci