[NetBehaviour] Links

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Thu Sep 24 03:49:23 CEST 2015

On 23/09/15 03:43 AM, dave miller wrote:

> Do you know of examples/ experiments of Bitcoin used for digital
> storytelling?

The token systems based on Bitcoin are being used for games:

http://www.spellsofgenesis.com/users/token_system

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/tcv

About the only thing I can find for "blockchain storytelling" is this.

http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/52331

http://www.deathrowdemocracy.com/ had some plot points voted for using
cryptocurrency but their robots.txt means I can't grab the details from
archive.org -

https://twitter.com/DeathRowDemo/status/481921916119154688

The Bitcoin comic also went the vote route -

https://www.bitcoincomic.org/blog/the-bitcoin-comics-first-bitcoin-powered-vote/

@coinartist has produced some wonderful ARGs (I helped with some of the
code for the second one listed here)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=766000.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661781.0

The ideas I think are worth exploring further (in this particular area)
from the second are controlling story state with tokens, using
arrangements of transactions or tokens to construct a narrative, and
controlling the temporal experience of a narrative using cryptography.

If anyone knows of any examples I've missed (I feel there must be
many...) I'd be very interested to hear. There's all sorts of things
hidden in the Bitcoin blockchain -

http://www.righto.com/2014/02/ascii-bernanke-wikileaks-photographs.html

- Rob.