[NetBehaviour] An interview with Geert Lovink

Paul Hertz ignotus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:07:21 CEST 2015

Well, happy to post polemics, it's a kind of a hobby. :^}.

I think there has been a tendency for mainstream curators to approach more
recent digitally-mediated works as if they were in effect a sort of hybrid
old media, while still neglecting both historical and current "pure"
digital media. This has meant that certain kinds of digital hard copy
(modded photographic prints, collage and drawings, and even 3D printing ==
"post-digital") can be welcomed while the internet as a platform is
generally ignored. I don't have any more evidence for this than
observation, and I have felt that the situation for digital art was
improving over the last ten years. OTOH, I can readily understand the
impatience.

-- Paul

http://paulhertz.net/