[NetBehaviour] 'We Need to Talk About Accelerationism' debate on Netbehaviour & Neterarti starting Thursday 21st April////////////////

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Thu Apr 21 11:33:11 CEST 2016

Hi Netbehaviourists,

Welcome to the first day of 'We Need to Talk About Accelerationism' a
month of art, discussion and exchange here on Netbehaviour and Neterarti
(https://neterarti.furtherfield.org) (drop me a line if you need an
invitation to Neterarti- it's invitation only at the moment to keep the
spam at the gates).

Our idea is that in depth discussion can take place here, and that
Neterarti provides the perfect platform for pithy punchy accelerationist
performance.

Here is more info about why we think this is a worthwhile endeavour-
along with some context and readings.
http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/event/we-need-talk-about-accelerationism-0

This recent article by Rob Myers, is helpful in that it concisely points
to different uses of, and contexts for, the term 'Accelerationism' along
with a commentary about its relevance to emancipatory practices in
contemporary art .
http://www.furtherfield.org/features/articles/accelerationist-art

As Marc said before, lots of people will have different ideas about what
Accelerationism means to them and this is one of the reasons for this
discussion taking place.
Everyone is welcome to join in however makes sense to them.

Let's go!

Respect!
Ruth