[NetBehaviour] 'We Need to Talk About Accelerationism' debate on Netbehaviour & Neterarti starting Thursday 21st April////////////////

jk j at xxn.org.uk
Thu Apr 21 15:00:17 CEST 2016

In a slightly tangential relation to this discussion as part of the next
EvenSalon: Either/Or on Sat. 30th at the Apiary in London we have two
participants involved in arguments around Accelerationism.

Themed around Either/Or we're delighted to have presentations from David
Cunningham of the Radical Philosophy collective/Univ. of Westminster,
who wrote on 'Accelerationism and its discontents' and Daniel Rourke,
co-founder of the Additivism Manifesto.

Full line up and details:

http://www.apiarystudios.org/2016/04/even-salon-eitheror/
http://even.org.uk/?even-salon-either-or/

Thanks

Jonathan

On 21/04/16 10:33, ruth catlow wrote:
> Hi Netbehaviourists,
>
> Welcome to the first day of 'We Need to Talk About Accelerationism' a
> month of art, discussion and exchange here on Netbehaviour and
> Neterarti (https://neterarti.furtherfield.org) (drop me a line if you
> need an invitation to Neterarti- it's invitation only at the moment to
> keep the spam at the gates).
>
> Our idea is that in depth discussion can take place here, and that
> Neterarti provides the perfect platform for pithy punchy
> accelerationist performance.
>
> Here is more info about why we think this is a worthwhile endeavour-
> along with some context and readings.
> http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/event/we-need-talk-about-accelerationism-0
>

> This recent article by Rob Myers, is helpful in that it concisely
> points to different uses of, and contexts for, the term
> 'Accelerationism' along with a commentary about its relevance to
> emancipatory practices in contemporary art .
> http://www.furtherfield.org/features/articles/accelerationist-art
>
> As Marc said before, lots of people will have different ideas about
> what Accelerationism means to them and this is one of the reasons for
> this discussion taking place.
> Everyone is welcome to join in however makes sense to them.
>
> Let's go!
>
> Respect!
> Ruth

Dr Jonathan Kemp