[NetBehaviour] My name is [Your Name Here] and I am an Accelerationist

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Thu Apr 21 22:04:40 CEST 2016

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, at 06:06 AM, Alan Sondheim wrote:

> does accelerationism deal with issues of
> pollution, extinction, and so forth?

Additivism is directly concerned with these.

Contemporary Left Accelerationism is a resource for dealing with them if
one wishes to do so. "Inventing The Future", the follow-up to the
"Manifesto For An Accelerationist Politics", has been criticised for not
taking an explicit enough stand on this, but it is designed to create a
political environment in which people have the resources to address
issues such as environmental devastation in a serious way.

90s-style cyberculture accelerationism was very much in favour of them
(regarding "The Terminator" as a manifesto rather than a warning).

- Rob.