[NetBehaviour] My name is [Your Name Here] and I am an Accelerationist

BishopZ xchicago at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 23:42:53 CEST 2016

My name is Bishop Zareh and I don't know much about the topic, but like
what I have read so far.

I really connected with the 3D Additivist Manifesto and its description of
a Junk Body, the body left behind by technology and obsolescence - the
biological equivalent of Koolhaus' Junk Space - a shopping mall forever
under construction.

Visually, the images associated with these works are the most distinctive
aesthetic to come from theory journals since Glitch. I created a pinboard
for them:
https://www.pinterest.com/eduatx/accelerationist-additivist-accelerationism/

I see a lot of connection to Virilio's work. Even before Dromology, in War
& Cinema Virilio writes about the apparatus of perception control. As we
move from Mass Media to Mass Technology, the same apparatus appears. The
Internet's always-on resilience is also a product of military invention.
Left Accelerationism seems to make a call to action towards creating a
beneficial technology with remnants of the corrupted commercial systems.
Are they attempting a middle path between the extremes of "use the API" and
"get off the grid"?

>From Alan's question:

does accelerationism deal with issues of pollution, extinction, and so
forth? Can one wait for accelerationism? Has one already waited?

My guess is that they also split a middle path between Kurzweil-style
utopian futurism and doomsday dystopia. Saying something like, The future
is set, we are going there anyway, lets just get on with it already. I
could be completely wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the article Rob and discussion Ruth, much needed!
Bz

http://bishopZ.com