[NetBehaviour] About hosting Networking the Unseen exhibition at Furtherfield

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Sun Jul 10 15:52:42 CEST 2016

Hi All

Looking forward to the Gretta's first google hangout gathering this
Tuesday evening, to discuss the work and topics around the Networking
the Unseen exhibition.

Gretta will you post a link here just before we start?

Also for those living in or near London - please join us for Selfies and
Alterity with Gretta Louw
Thursday 4 August, 6-8pm – Furtherfield Commons

Gretta will present preliminary work on a Warlpiri (First Nations
Australian) selfie and photo editing app, a collaboration with the
Warnayaka Art Centre, and discuss how selfies, social media, and
alterity can be used for social good.

Book here
http://crm.furtherfield.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=33

Cheers!
Ruth

On 05/07/16 09:43, Gretta Louw wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Thanks to all those who signed up on the Doodle for the planned online
> discussions to expand the dialogue around the Networking the Unseen
> exhibition that is currently up at Furtherfield.
> http://doodle.com/poll/95fbne5undciwiz7
>
> Looks like the best dates are:
>
> Tuesday the 19th of July - meet on G+ at 8.30 pm CET (that’s 7.30 pm
> in the UK)
> and
> Monday the 25th at the same time.
>
> Hope to see all of you who indicated your availability there, and of
> course anyone else who can join in spontaneously.
>
> For those who haven’t made it to the exhibition (yet), here are some
> great photos from Furtherfield’s photographer, Pau:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/http_gallery/sets/72157670054696915
>
> Look forward to continuing the exchange over the next couple of weeks!
> And for those in London, please do come to the talk at Furtherfield
> Commons on the 4th of August.
>
> Best,
> Gretta
>
> ——————————————————————————
> *grettalouw.com* <http://www.grettalouw.com>
> twitter <https://twitter.com/GrettaLouw> - tumblr
> <http://controllingconnectivity.tumblr.com/> - vimeo
> <https://vimeo.com/user7570190>
>
> *UPCOMING / NEWS*
>
> June-August 2016 - Networking the unseen, Furtherfield Gallery,
> curated by Gretta Louw with Marc Garrett and Ruth Catlow, London,
> UK. 4 August 2016 - Your Emojis Are Not Innocent: Selfies and
> Alterity, artist talk at Furtherfield Commons, Finsbury Park, London.6
> August 2016 - Do It With Others - Art and Solidarity in the Age of
> Networks, Wysing Arts Centre, led by Furtherfield (Ruth Catlow and
> Marc Garrett), Cambridge,
> UK. http://www.wysingartscentre.org/whats_on/events/saturday_symposia_6_augustSeptember
> 2016 - 100% Internet, Karin Wimmer Galerie, curated by Karin Wimmer
> and Yan Han, Munich, Germany.November-December 2016 - Monster of the
> Machine, LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, curated by Marc
> Garrett, Gijón, Spain.Ongoing - GIF Portrait is a limited edition
> series of 20 digital art portraits on a commission
> basis. http://www.gifportrait.net/
>

>> On 29 Jun 2016, at 14:15, Gretta Louw <gretta.elise.louw at gmail.com
>> <mailto:gretta.elise.louw at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the votes so far. I have also passed the Doodle link on to
>> a few other ppl who might be interested but aren’t on the
>> NetBehaviour list, plus the artists in the exhibition (although for
>> most of them the time will probably not be workable with the time
>> difference in Australia).
>>
>> Anyone else who is interested in taking part in the online
>> discussions, please add your votes here:
>> http://doodle.com/poll/95fbne5undciwiz7
>>
>> Then I will get back to you all with confirmation of the final dates
>> ASAP.
>>
>> Best,
>> Gretta

> [...]

Co-founder Co-director
Furtherfield

www.furtherfield.org

+44 (0) 77370 02879

Unicorn hunter

Bitcoin Address 197BBaXa6M9PtHhhNTQkuHh1pVJA8RrJ2i

Furtherfield is the UK's leading organisation for art shows, labs, &
debates
around critical questions in art and technology, since 1997

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.