[NetBehaviour] #Postrefart

SMART anitasmartlab at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 12:23:47 CEST 2016

Calling the creative imagination: dealing with the ' Mayhemocene '

If we were to create a new 'department' that integrated art / culture / ecology (and all that entails) what would we call it, what might that look like and what practices might be involved? How might we contribute, organise, activate?

I will be in London end of August / early September - would anyone like to meet / talk, share ideas, knowledge hopes or fears ?

Following the entrance into the era that I am referring to (somewhat flippantly) as the 'Mayhemocene' - the UK govt latest actions are doing nothing to alter my reference.

Since 2015 the policy decisions have been moving further away from actions that will meet interim 2020 targets to meet 80% reductions on 2050

Now the Department of Energy and Climate Change merging with a new Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.

Climate is dropped from the dept name and although corporate / industrial concerns pay a huge role in meeting targets I can't say it inspires me with hope.

But I know every threat contains an opportunity - 'the solution is in the problem' (Krishnamurti, 1973; Mollison and Holmgren, 1978).