[NetBehaviour] stone bridges, QRRR and counter-Munich

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 22:11:07 CEST 2016

Johannes I am always moved by your words. You have such a touching way to
paint with words:)
When you use the words "Palestinian terrorists" I react. Because I has been
in Palestine several times and the only terror I met was that exerced by
the Israeli soldiers at the checkpoints making us run from their rubber
bullets and from their gas grenades.
And many of the old Israeli politicians, as Menachem Begin, Sharon and
others were called terrorists by the English when they bombed the King
David Hotel killing many civilians and when they killed the envoy from the
United Nations Folke Bernadotte.
You are born in a country who exerced terror over Europe and Africa killing
civilians and executing Jews, homosexuals and dissidents. The English
exerced terror over the Boers in South Africa and were the first creating
concentration camps.
The French called the time between 1791 and 1794 the Regime of the Terror
when not only the French aristocracy but also the political dissidents paid
with their life their dissent.
My point is terror is such an ambiguous word and I think no one should
label others with it since terror seems to be inherent to all people and to
all cultures.

Ana

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Johannes Birringer <
Johannes.Birringer at brunel.ac.uk> wrote:

> Receiving a note from Alan Sondheim, on the road, he mentions a stone
> bridge where he
> created a piece "changing the bridge lighting to produce,
> sequentially, and on different lighting levels/apparatus, SOS, QRRR, and
> MAYDAY (QRRR is an old radio code for warning/danger/disaster); this
> alternative with flame-light images on the bridge side (invisible from the
> trains that run above it) representing burning crushed buildings and
> people....."
>
> i am not sure why I think of the bridge, but a friend from Texas, after I
> told him
> about the chaos in Europe, the shootings, the terror, the military
> putsches, purges,
> and the new security measures, the increasingly heated debates on refugees
> and migration, Islamism, fascism, and violence, well, he noted that the
> shootings
> in Munich took place on the site of the former Olympic Park.
>
> The Olympia shopping centre is a two-tiered glass-covered mall that was
> built on the site of the 1972 Olympics.
> The Munich Games were overshadowed by a terrorist attack in which 11
> Israeli sportsmen and a German policeman were
> killed after being taken hostage by Palestinian terrorists.
>
> Now we hear that the shooting last Friday was by a young "lone wolf" (and
> what exactly do they mean by lone wolf).
>

> A Munich-based poet, the late Paul Wühr, once wrote about Die Wirklichkeit
> unter Beschuss (reality under shooting attack)
>
> alles ist doch in Ordnung /
> es geht weiter /
> ich glaube /
> ich glaube es geht weiter /
> ja des glaub ich schon.
>

> (translated)
>
> everything's all right, no? /
> life goes on /
> I believe /
> I believe life goes on /
> yeah, I believe so /
>

> that short QRRR, I tend to think, was meant as Wühr's satirical comment on
> "weltfromme Bekenntnisformeln" ,  pious liturgies that we tell ourselves,
> as we must repeat them and murmur them in the face of the all the constant
> flare ups.
>

> Johannes Birringer
> c/o Interaktionslabor Göttelborn

https://anavaldes.wordpress.com/
www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci