[NetBehaviour] Find art and music here

Simon Mclennan mclennanfilm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:37:44 CEST 2016

I am checking out this website that sells art, pictures - you know,
what they used to call art. My drawings are now on there...

https://www.artfinder.com/simon-mclennan

and also preparing for several gigs live with my band SOLID BIRDS FLYING

14 July  — STEREO 92, Stoke Newington High St, London

 22 July —  MARWOOD CAFE, Brighton

31 July — REAL MUSIC CLUB, Brighton

I’m quite interested in how people manage to live nowadays. Do you sell your stuff, services? Is it ok to sell art do
you think? Lecturers get paid to talk about the meaning of art, should they? Networks exist off the back of ‘artists’ and
make some kind of living from it ;-) should they? Administrators get paid to click on keyboards shuffling information
about - should they? Cats make a living from eating cat food and purring - same for dogs - but they gotta look tough too! Should they?
People rent out their spare rooms for cash - should they? It’s all such jolly good fun isn’t it. All together in a big world group.
The technocrats make the most money - coz they do the best technical innovation that links us all - whether we like it or not.
For someone who doesn’t naturally gravitate towards inventing technical innovation, at least in a mathematical or scientific sense, I am
continually bemused and perplexed by the boffins who churn out these ideas - just can’t stop em. Programmed in em I suppose.
And as such I have to manage in an increasingly technified universe. Or is it the same as when Shadrak the Phoenician saw
the other guy make a wheel - gotta catch up with that shit — woooH!!! Chariots on fire buddy!!!!!
You know what though — if it looks and smells like mouse… (that’s the title of one of my drawings - https://www.artfinder.com/product/looks-and-smells-like-mouse/

Hope to see some of you net people at one of my gigs - it’s what used to be called music - you know, people spending years perfecting
the art of making music via skill/intuition/spontanaity/individuation that utilised diminished 7th chords and even dips into augmented
as well as plenty of minor 7th and 6th and 12/8 across a 4/4 ref. Dolphy, Ornette Coleman, Jimi Hendrix and Bud Powell, Elvin Jones
Ginger Baker and Telly Svalas (his cover of Looking Back At Thirty - still poignant) Lyrics reference the hologrammatic nature of being, soldiers on
screen, the beauty of bayonets glinting blue and the wings of butterflies as well as the idea of domestic bliss linked with drone policy.
CHEERS,
Simon Mclennan

Stereo92
@Stereo_92