[NetBehaviour] BLOCKCHAIN ART COMMISSION: The CryptoDetectorist – hoards, coins & trades

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Fri Aug 11 10:38:58 CEST 2017

Call for Proposals from Furtherfield and NEoN Digital Arts Festival

*BLOCKCHAIN ART COMMISSION: The CryptoDetectorist – hoards, coins & trades**
*
Deadline for submissions 4th September
For exhibition 9th November
Fee and production costs £2500

While archaeology has often understood cultures through excavations of
hoards and coins, what will today’s digital currencies tell future
archaeologists about the way we live and trade?

This co-commission with NEoN Digital Arts Festival forms part of
Furtherfield’s ongoing investigations into the politics of the
blockchain, smart contracts, and cryptocurrency systems like Ethereum.
It invites artists to imagine themselves as future media archaeologists,
as recorders of our current information-based society, and as
time-travelers highlighting the continued relevance of our long past.
Will you dig for the digital, brush the dirt off the non-material, or
excavate the internet?
*/
For all details see here
http://furtherfield.org/projects/blockchain-art-commission

/*
--
Co-founder Co-director
Furtherfield

www.furtherfield.org

+44 (0) 77370 02879

Bitcoin Address 197BBaXa6M9PtHhhNTQkuHh1pVJA8RrJ2i

Furtherfield is the UK's leading organisation for art shows, labs, &
debates
around critical questions in art and technology, since 1997

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.