[NetBehaviour] Post-Theory Text/s

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Feb 17 07:01:05 CET 2017

Post-Theory Text/s

http://www.alansondheim.org/post.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/post-theory.txt (please download)

Assemblage of theory texts and posts mostly by myself and
some others; I'm hoping in a week or two to begin working
on these again; I've been thinking about codework in relation
to social media.

>From email -

"Going through a lot of older files, and there are a lot of
discussions we had, and with Matt, Mez, etc. One of the main
ones is codeworkcommendary.txt; there's also codeworkpart1.text,
codeworkpart2.txt, collapse.txt, codework_metaphoricity.txt - do
you remember the occasions? Around 2005 I think. I'd like to
post these if possible; they're amazing, and bring up thinking
that at least, for me, I'd like to reconsider at this point.
Codework metamorphizes, for me, into social media 'occasions'
which are any form of presencing; interior and exterior are
revealed with user-shaping, visible and invisible protocols, and
so forth - as if the code transforms into presencing-frames, and
the content is scratched/problematized by these frames."

So this is what I want to deal with - in relation to codework,
protocols, standards, and so forth. In the meantime, there's a
huge mass/mess/missive of material - just download the texts,
perhaps find something of interest -