[NetBehaviour] 'A WORLD WHICH IS FRAGILE’ by Markus Soukup at the Widget Art Gallery, January 20 - March 20 2017.

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Sat Jan 21 11:09:29 CET 2017

A timely and touching piece of work.
Thanks!

Ruth

n 21/01/17 08:47, Chiara Passa wrote:
> Dear friends & colleagues,
>
> Hope this finds you well.
> I'm glad to present 'A WORLD WHICH IS FRAGILE’ by Markus Soukup, at
> the Widget Art Gallery, January 20 2016 - March 20 2017.
> The Widget Art Gallery http://www.chiarapassa.it/wag is a Web-App
> cross-device, just save the WAG icon on your mobile!
> Always available the osx-dashboard version at
> http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html
> <http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html> Enjoy the show!
>
> Best regards, Chiara Passa
>

> About the WAG:
>
> Due to our needs that seem to be increasingly handheld, WAG was born
> on 2009! The Widget Art Gallery is a pioneering-format I made to show
> digital art. The WAG is a mini single art gallery room fitting into
> people's pocket that every month hosts a solo digital art exhibition
> related to its dynamic site-specific context. So the WAG works both as
> a sort of kunsthall showing temporary exhibitions and also as museum
> conserving all the past shows inside an online archive that creates a
> permanent collection.
> WAG website http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html
> <http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html>
>
> About the artwork:
>
> 'A WORLD WHICH IS FRAGILE’ by Markus Soukup, 20 January - 20 March 2017.
>
> A WORLD WHICH IS FRAGILE is a site specific animation project that the
> artist developed for the net-based Widget Art Gallery. The
> gif-animation comprises of a 2D and typographic animation loop
> contemplating about the current situation [and trying to find hope] in
> a time characterized by tension, conflict, societal regression and
> climate change.
Markus Soukup is a media artist living and working in
> London. www.toofastproduction.co.uk <http://www.toofastproduction.co.uk>
>

> --
> Chiara Passa - media artist
> chiarapassa at gmail.com <mailto:chiarapassa at gmail.com>
> http://www.chiarapassa.it

Co-founder Co-director
Furtherfield

www.furtherfield.org

+44 (0) 77370 02879

Bitcoin Address 197BBaXa6M9PtHhhNTQkuHh1pVJA8RrJ2i

Furtherfield is the UK's leading organisation for art shows, labs, &
debates
around critical questions in art and technology, since 1997

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.