[NetBehaviour] Some London Now

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Wed Jul 5 11:02:57 CEST 2017

Loving the London notes Alan!

On 04/07/17 12:41, Alan Sondheim wrote:

> Some London Now
>
> Working, like Karl Marx, in the British Library.

> "ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out".
> Error: Could not connect to server Status:
> Waiting to retry... Status: Resolving
> address of alansondheim.org Status: Connecting to
> 208.76.80.46:21... Status: Connection attempt failed with
> "ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out".
> Error: Could not connect to server
> Not connected to any server
>
> http://www.alansondheim.org/london321.jpg
> Technological eyepod of the big London wheel.
> http://www.alansondheim.org/london322.jpg
> Followed by the secretive hidingplace in plain sight of
> Doctor Who's Arch Enemies, the Trump-peters.
> http://www.alansondheim.org/london335.jpg
> While elsewhere someone's looking at someone else
> only god knows why.
> http://www.alansondheim.org/london352.jpg
> Old master lighting obscures everything but Turner's
> steam painting, described, if I remember correctly, by
> Michele Serres.
> http://www.alansondheim.org/london358.jpg
> A pigeon accidently assigned the number of John Donne's
> full portrait, of which the following, surprisingly
> enough, has the bracelet of air about the wrist, reminiscent
> of his poem The Relic, one of my favorite in all literature.
> How did the pigeon get in there?
> http://www.alansondheim.org/london359.jpg
>
>  - Donne's The Relic -
>
> "When my grave is broke up again
>        Some second guest to entertain,
>        (For graves have learn'd that woman head,
>        To be to more than one a bed)
>                 And he that digs it, spies
> A bracelet of bright hair about the bone,
>                 Will he not let'us alone, "
>
> http://www.alansondheim.org/london360.jpg
> John Donne appears... and then:
>
> http://www.alansondheim.org/london366.jpg
> Mysterious antennae with an antiquated looking, perhaps
> connecting the foreign office to the nineteenth century.
>
> We are in the British Library.

Co-founder Co-director
Furtherfield

www.furtherfield.org

+44 (0) 77370 02879

Bitcoin Address 197BBaXa6M9PtHhhNTQkuHh1pVJA8RrJ2i

Furtherfield is the UK's leading organisation for art shows, labs, &
debates
around critical questions in art and technology, since 1997

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.