[NetBehaviour] Finsbury Park attack

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Mon Jun 19 10:21:00 CEST 2017

Thanks for asking Alan.

This attack happened last night at Finsbury Park Mosque which is about
100 yards from Furtherfield Commons.

Some people drove a van into a group of late night worshippers as they
left the mosque. One of the attackers was apprehended and held by the
group until the police arrived.

Last year Park Theatre (local partners of ours) commissioned a playwrite
to worked directly with the mosque to produce the Hurling Rubble
<https://www.timeout.com/london/theatre/hurling-rubble-at-the-moon-hurling-rubble-at-the-sun>
plays about how extremist violence grows. We hosted ourSuperdiversity
exhibition
<http://furtherfield.org/programmes/superdiversity-picturing-finsbury-park>
this spring in which Katherine Stansfeld an artist and cultural
geographer brought together more than 50 different perspectives of lives
lived in the area. This area is bold in its expression of difference -
its value and its difficulties - we love it.

We have yet to hear from our local friends. I'm heading up there now -
full of sorrow.

~
Ruth

On 19/06/17 03:44, Alan Sondheim wrote:

> Please please share any information anyone might have about this,
> apparently on Seven Sisters Road. This is terrible...
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alan

Co-founder Co-director
Furtherfield

www.furtherfield.org

+44 (0) 77370 02879

Bitcoin Address 197BBaXa6M9PtHhhNTQkuHh1pVJA8RrJ2i

Furtherfield is the UK's leading organisation for art shows, labs, &
debates
around critical questions in art and technology, since 1997

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.