[NetBehaviour] blockchain electrical consumption?

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Mon Nov 6 12:08:31 CET 2017

i am struggling to keep up with the conversation here, but i'm also very
interested in the questions that ruth poses for further research. some
of us UpStagers are currently working on a new cyberformance called
"cashflow" which is exploring issues around the war on cash - from what
money is & means to us socially to where cryptocurrencies are taking us.

looking at the environmental impact of it all is really important,
because huge amounts of resources are being devoted to something that -
as far as i can see - serves very little actual purpose. with the
exception of projects like julian's, the focus seems to be predominantly
on personal wealth gain & speculation & any supposed social benefits of
the technology are just a way to justify it.

oops i have an online meeting starting now, life / work calls ...

h : )

helen varley jamieson
helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>
http://www.creative-catalyst.com