[NetBehaviour] More on economy for arts

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Mon Nov 6 12:36:41 CET 2017

 From Mark Simkins - drawing on the unconference approach to working out
together what next to give resources to. I like it! It creates room for
all kinds of mysterious and strange artness

http://theartsuncouncil.org/

This from Digicult -  digital art as commodity. or artist as provider of
imaginative fertilizer for the innovation economy. or (my favourite)
parasitical trouble maker (see the Labour of Extrange Rebekah Modrak,
Marialaura Ghidini) I am appreciative of the work done in putting this
together - and find most of it troubling
http://www.digicult.it/wp-content/uploads/TheCulturalEconomyOfMediaArt.pdf
<http://theartsuncouncil.org/>

This about CASCO An arts project focused on a feminist construction of
the cultural commons.
http://www.weareprimary.org/2017/08/the-commons-by-lianne-mol/
But as Helen's friend Zecica has said it is very hard to reconcile
commons production with systems of money and commerce. So still bashing
my head against this one.

~ Ruth

--
Co-founder Co-director
Furtherfield

www.furtherfield.org

+44 (0) 77370 02879

Bitcoin Address 197BBaXa6M9PtHhhNTQkuHh1pVJA8RrJ2i

Furtherfield is the UK's leading organisation for art shows, labs, &
debates
around critical questions in art and technology, since 1997

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.