[NetBehaviour] blockchain electrical consumption?

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Thu Nov 23 18:27:58 CET 2017

nz has had an increasingly cashless society for a long time. living in
germany, it's interesting to see how attached germans are to cash, &
their general resistance to the collection & storage of any kind of
personal data (of course they have historical reasons for this). it
means there is a lot more debate in the mainstream media about it,
unlike nz where we obediently swallowed the whole "convenience" message
without much thought.

is it fear of death that makes people want their data to hang around for
eternity? immortality in the blockchain?

i have nightmarish visions of the blockchain - or rather, a forest of
multiple, mostly proprietary/closed blockchains - growing unstoppably
until we are suffocated & strangled by it all ...

please do post more of your text, marc.

h : )

helen varley jamieson
helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>