[NetBehaviour] trAce, LOST project

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Mon Sep 4 11:59:29 CEST 2017

Thanks for posting this Tamar.

This makes me reflect on the pathology of the hype surrounding the
Internet of Things that suggests that life can be improved by knowing
where every "thing" is at every moment, and then making it "do"
something for us.

On 03/09/17 11:27, Tamar Schori - Doflash wrote:
> I love the "lost" filter
> many years ago, in the ancient times before social software I created
> this project:
> See http://tamar-schori.net/oodlala/ from 2002, a social network for
> memory objects.
>
> some of the stories are really touching...
> take a look
>
> Tamar Schori
>

> Tamar Schori
> 0544-560136
>
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:25 AM, Alan Sondheim <sondheim at panix.com
> <mailto:sondheim at panix.com>> wrote:
>

>     (From Sue Thomas on Facebook; she headed trAce at Nottingham-Trent;
>     I was the 2nd virtual writer-in-residence. Think this might be of
>     interest here because of the networking involved, which was also a
>     metaphor for lost packets, lost archives, disappearances, ruptures,
>     etc. in online worlds.)
>

>     Sue Thomas
>     August 26 at 12:26pm
>
>     My favourite trAce project ever - Lost, by Alan Sondheim . It no
>     longer
>     judders on the page as it was designed to do but the entries are as
>     haunting as ever. Users were invited to fill in the form and write
>     about
>     things they have lost. Many entries very sad, some very funny!
>     L*O*S*T
>
>     http://web.archive.org//20/http://trace.ntu.ac.uk:80/lost/
>     <http://web.archive.org//20/http://trace.ntu.ac.uk:80/lost/>
>     (From Sue Thomas, and trAce) -
>     L*O*S*T
>     web.archive.org <http://web.archive.org>

Co-founder Co-director
Furtherfield

www.furtherfield.org

+44 (0) 77370 02879

Bitcoin Address 197BBaXa6M9PtHhhNTQkuHh1pVJA8RrJ2i

Furtherfield is the UK's leading organisation for art shows, labs, &
debates
around critical questions in art and technology, since 1997

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.