[NetBehaviour] [Frameworks] Saul Levine & MassArt: resources

Alan Sondheim sondheim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 14:38:58 CEST 2018

What will happen when these students graduate, when they face problems of
bodies, gender, sexuality, in the real world? Problems of disease? Should
death be outlawed as a subject from educational institutions? Should we not
look on the face of death? Of disease? Of tremors? In the U.S. it seems
that condemnation is always imminent, always absolute. Universities, I
think, should not be safe spaces, but spaces to study everything
critically. At Brown, there was a professor who took his students to Rwanda
yearly to gather testimony. Should that be outlawed? The Blue Tape was
shown at Rhode Island School of Design shortly after it was made; should it
have been outlawed? Warhol? Saul Levine? It's ironic that we insist on the
clean and proper body on one hand, and sexting is increasingly common on
the other. Again I keep going back to Kristeva's Powers of Horror...
- Alan

718-813-3285*
*music/sound http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/
<http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/> *