[NetBehaviour] anyone else out there with Ultrahosting?

ruth catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Wed Aug 15 11:20:11 CEST 2018

Ugh!
Fraid not Helen.
I wonder if the Rhizome people know anything about it. If it's effected
you it has probably hit a number of people in our field.
Good luck!

On 14/08/18 12:35, Thomas Asmuth via NetBehaviour wrote:
> Ouch! That sounds bad; you must be frustrated. I hope it works out. I
> favorably recommend Blue Host.
>
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 4:38 AM, helen varley jamieson
> <helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>> wrote:
>
>     hi,
>
>     is there anyone else on this list who has sites hosted at the
>     canadian company ultrahosting? i have my sites there because way
>     back in 2002 i signed up for a rhizome fundraiser, where they
>     partnered with a company called broadspire to provide web hosting
>     for artists & rhizome got a small cut from every customer. over
>     the years broadspire got bought out or merged a couple of times &
>     at some point turning into ultrahosting.
>
>     since last wednesday my sites have vanished from the web - i can
>     still see the files via ftp, & email is working, but my sites are
>     offline & i can't access the plesk control panel or mysql. i
>     raised a support ticket & got the automated reply, but nothing
>     further. in the past they have been pretty good at responding
>     within a few hours - now it's almost a week.
>
>     i called the company a couple of times on friday & sat on hold for
>     ages then left a message. no-one has called back. i've hunted on
>     their website for other contact details & emailed sales & careers,
>     but no response. the website has no notice of any major problem. i
>     followed links to their twitter & fb accounts & found these
>     defunct. the blog on their website isn't working & some of the
>     contact forms fail. it's all a bit mysterious & suspicious!
>
>     so, while i set about finding a new hosting company (any
>     recommendations?) i just wondered if anyone else on this list is
>     also with ultrahosting & perhaps having similar problems?
>
>     h : /
>
>     --
>
>     helen varley jamieson
>
>     helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>
>     http://www.creative-catalyst.com <http://www.creative-catalyst.com>
>     http://www.upstage.org.nz

> *Thomas Asmuth*
> Associate Professor, Digital/New Media
> Director, Bachelor of Fine Arts Program
>
> 11000 University Parkway
> Bldg. 82 / Rm. 267
> Pensacola FL 32514
>
> email:
> tasmuth at uwf.edu <mailto:tasmuth at uwf.edu>

Co-founder Co-director
Furtherfield

www.furtherfield.org

+44 (0) 77370 02879

Bitcoin Address 1G7SPFpvHhVEqn5trpNEcyNWbDcyZXuAnh

Furtherfield is the UK's leading organisation for art shows, labs, &
debates
around critical questions in art and technology, since 1997

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.