[NetBehaviour] anyone else out there with Ultrahosting?

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Wed Aug 15 17:37:06 CEST 2018

that's what i thought, there must be a few other old hands like me out
there who still used this hosting service.

anyway, the mystery has been solved - i just recieved this email:

> Hello,
>
> We have send the following notification to all the clients last month.
>

> Notification from: CBTS
>
> July 10, 2018
>
> First, we’d like to thank you for your business through Ultrahosting.com.
>
> However, I regret to notify you that Ultrahosting.com will terminate service at 5PM on the 31st of July 2018. Please allow this letter to serve as a notice of termination of services.
> On October 2, 2017 CBTS acquired OnX Enterprise Solutions, the owner and operator of Ultrahosting.com. After a review of the combined services, we have determined that the Ultrahosting.com service is not core to our ongoing business model.
>

> Sincerely,
> Ultrahosting Support

i never recieved any notification email, & it's very unprofessional to
send only a single email, 3 weeks before termination, & nothing else -
no announcement on the ultrahosting website or message on their phones
or anything ...

i've started organising another web host (going back to my home town in
nz to a little company that is friendly & cheap - thanks for the other
suggestions sent) & on the bright side i will use it as an opportunity
to do some digital de-cluttering.

h : )