[NetBehaviour] RIP Pete Shelley

Edward Picot julian.lesaux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 19:34:55 CET 2018

Really sorry to hear the news this morning about the death of Pete
Shelley, the guitarist/singer/songwriter of The Buzzcocks. I saw The
Buzzcocks live twice, once at a Rock Against Racism concert in
Manchester, and then at the Corn Exchange in Cambridge, and they were
excellent both times. The /Spiral Scratch/ EP is a milestone in both
punk music and DIY culture. I like a lot of Shelley's solo work as well;
but best of all I like his guitar-playing on the three albums John
Cooper Clark made with Martin Hannett and the Invisible Girls.

Fantastic stuff, and some great memories.

Edward