[NetBehaviour] Distant Feelin(s) #5 You are welcome in 25 min

Ruth Catlow ruthcatlow at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:55:46 CET 2018

Experience report on Distant Feelings >>>

I logged on and sought out the feelings of others, detectable through
sound, in relationship to the sounds of my own body and the space I sat in.

Things were louder than people.

I thought I would hear breathing, sighing, burping, farting, or at least
the sound of traffic, birds, pets or other people from the distributed
locations of the congregation.

But instead laptops act as contact mics so, apart from one cough, the
physical vibrations of objects moving on surfaces ruled the sound waves.

After 15 minutes the bell rang, we opened our eyes, smiled & waved with
wiggly fingers, and <3ed each other.

----

Thanks Annie!

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 1:35 PM Annie Abrahams via NetBehaviour <

> *Distant Feeling(s) #5*, fifth session in a series of online webcam
> meetings trying to experience each other’s presence eyes closed and no
> talking.
>
> *Distant Feeling(s) #5*, the second of *a livelong yearly reconnection*.
> An ever-changing re-enactment of our intra-action with machines.
>
> Wednesday *December 19th *2018,
>

> * 9-9:15AM EST (New York time) 3-3:15PM GMT+1 (Paris time) 2-2:15PM GMT
> (Porto time) *Find your time here
> <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Distant+Feelings+%235&iso=20181219T09&p1=179&am=15>
> .
> *An Online Ritual.*
> Open to all.
> *Eyes closed and no talking*.
>
> If you want to join you need to install the zoom
> <https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting> application on your device.
> On the 19th connect at 2:55 pm Paris time / 1:55 pm Porto time / 8.55 am
> New York time to meeting no *3210554238.*
>

> Distant Feelings is a project from Annie Abrahams, Lisa Parra and Daniel
> Pinheiro. More information <http://www.bram.org/distantF/>.

Lab
+44 (0) 77370 02879

*Furtherfield *disrupts and democratises art and technology through
exhibitions,
labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free thinking.
furtherfield.org <http://www.furtherfield.org/>

*DECAL* Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub

decal.is <http://www.decal.is>

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade,
Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.