[NetBehaviour] CALL FOR WORKS: Sound Affects - Stand with persecuted Palestinian poet Dareen Tatour

AGF poemproducer agf at poemproducer.com
Fri Jul 27 12:02:15 CEST 2018

dear netbehavior list,

the poet Dareen Tatour published a powerful poem on facebook, she is under house arrest since and on trial for this poemnext week.
We ask the international community to make art with this poem... see the call below.
All info under this website: https://www.poemontrial.org/
Please spread !!!
agee

Sound Affects - Stand with persecuted Palestinian poet Dareen Tatour

https://www.poemontrial.org/

Dareen Tatour is a young Palestinian poet from the town of Reineh near Nazareth in the Galilee.

She was convicted by the Israeli state on charges of incitement to violence following a poem she published: “Resist, my people, resist them”.
The lyrics of the poem in Arabic, English and Hebrew are available here.

https://freedareentatour.org/poems

If we, many of us, also publish her words and we are not convicted by the Israeli state, then we must ask the true basis upon which this poet was criminalised.

You are invited to create a sound work in any style which you see fit, using Dareen’s poem as your lyrical base.

With your agreement we intend to curate a digital-only album of submissions, to be made available for sale on several platforms.

All sale proceeds will be utilised to assist Dareen’s legal challenge to her conviction.

Please submit your piece by 28/9/2018 via Wetransfer to:

poemontrial at gmail.com

For more information you are invited to visit the Free Dareen Tatour site and Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/FreeDareenTatour/?hc_ref=SEARCH

Thank you,

Meira Asher, Dganit Elyakim, Liam Evans,

Antye Greie and Yoav Haifawi.

https://www.poemontrial.org/