[NetBehaviour] BEYOND PROPRIETORIAL new narrative practices in digital humanities. Presentations by Christy Hyman & Marc Garrett

marc.garrett marc.garrett at protonmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:52:17 CET 2018

Hi all,

Getting my slides ready for a talk I'm doing tomorrow at Central Saint Martins, "Unlocking Proprietorial Systems and Reclaiming Narrative Strategies for Artistic Practice.

[Screenshot at 2018-03-19 14-44-24.png]

BEYOND PROPRIETORIAL new narrative practices in digital humanities. Presentations by Christy Hyman & Marc Garrett.

Central Saint Martins 6:00pm Tues 20 Mar | http://bit.ly/2HunaZx

Christy Hyman - Mapping the Great Dismal Swamp: The Co-Articulation of Sound, Moving Images and Archival Materials .
Marc Garrett - Unlocking Proprietorial Systems and Reclaiming Narrative Strategies for Artistic Practice.

Marc is co-director and co-founder with artist Ruth Catlow of the arts collective Furtherfield, and is currently studying for his PhD at Birkbeck University of London.

Can we build fresh, independent places, spaces and identities, in relation to our own artistic and cultural practices individually and collectively, when the dominant narratives handed down to us via neo-liberal elites, are typically in favour of their markets and technologies?

Chapter 4. Unlocking Proprietorial Art Systems.

Marc Garrett

Co-Founder, Co-Director and main editor of Furtherfield.
Art, technology and social change, since 1996
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery & Commons in the park
Finsbury Park, London N4 2NQhttp://www.furtherfield.org/gallery
Currently writing a PhD at Birkbeck University, London
https://birkbeck.academia.edu/MarcGarrett
Just published: Artists Re:thinking the Blockchain
Eds, Ruth Catlow, Marc Garrett, Nathan Jones, & Sam Skinner
Liverpool Press - http://bit.ly/2x8XlMK